Technique of Teaching

    The Silent Way is one of the effective language teaching techniques. It is pedagogical approach to language teaching based on the premise that the teacher should be as silent as possible in the classroom (about 90% of the time). The learners, then, are encouraged to produce as much language as possible. They have much time both to be exposed to the language and to perform practice.

     The learning hypothesis behind the Silent Way is that learning is facilitated if the learners discover or create rather than remembers and repeats what is to be learned. Also, students learn more effectively through problem solving involving the target language. It views language learning as a creative, problem-solving and discovering activity in which the learner is a principal actor rather than a bench-bound listener.

    Basically, in learning teachers prepare their students to have problem solving skill. And the Silent Way can be described as a problem-solving approach to language learning, and is summed up nicely in Benjamin Franklin's words:

    "Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I learn."
    I conclude that the Silent Way is an appropriate language teaching technique.



0 komentar:

Post a Comment